eSoaring.net

The place to discuss eSoaring height limited competitions, models, and tactics
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ginny Newbold
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:10 am 

It is with sadness that I would like all our flying friends to know that Ginny passed away quietly in her sleep last night as a result of the cancer that has dominated our lives for the last 18 months.

There are many of you who first met her when she accompanied me to eSoaring comps and subsequently to the European F5J events. Not to be outdone she became involved as a competitor and can be counted as one of the stalwart supporters of the Loire Valley events in France, flying in every one until her health issues curtailed our continuing attendance.

The support she has had from our many flying friends during the recent weeks of deteriorating health have been a source of great encouragement.

Paul

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Ginny Newbold
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:08 am 

Paul
So sad to hear the news about Ginny.
Martyn and I are returning from an international event and have many memories of Ginny at such competitions but her wit and humour for all occasions stands out above all else. RIP

Mike

Profile Email  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:22 am 

Accept my condolences,Paul. I know we met up infrequently, but Ginny always appeared to be one on one with you so the loss must be all the more great. I was lucky in that my partner Marlene has survived the the big C now for over 10 years, but it is not easy with the shadow that engulfs you at the time is not easy to lose.

Brian

Profile Email  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:50 pm 

Paul,
An incredibly sad start to the Monday morning check of the forums, a heartfelt Deepest condolences on your loss (and a real loss to the soaring community too). Ginny was a lovely person, always approachable and friendly, and no mean competitor either, when we get to the field in the summer it'll seem a different place without her there. I am sure the your fond memories of her will always mean she's never truly far away - although if you soaring form improves too much we know it'll be Ginny guiding your sticks to the best bits of lift :-) RIP Crying or Very sad

Profile Email  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:15 pm 

Margaret and I would like to send our condolances. Ginny will be sorely missed. Take care.

Ian

Profile Email  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:10 pm 

Paul

I'm so sorry to hear this very sad news. Ginny was a lovely lady with a wonderful sense of humour. She will be missed by all who knew her. Our thoughts are with you and your family. RIP Ginny.

Colin

Profile Email  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:45 pm 

Paul
Please accept my condolences on behalf of the Malvern Soaring Association.
Many of us met Ginny and You during your visits to Fish Meadow for the Midlands Esoaring competitions.
Ginny was a warm, kind person with a great sense of humour - and always ready for a chat.
She will be fondly remembered and sadly missed.
Our thoughts are with you at this sad time.
Kind regards
Steve Hannon

Profile Email  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:46 pm 

Attachment:
Enhanced Blue RAY X Tribute small.jpg
Enhanced Blue RAY X Tribute small.jpg [ 82.25 KB | Viewed 259 times ]
Thank you everyone for all the kind comments on here, and by phone, texts and post.

Thought some of you might like to share this photo.

Funeral is Thursday 6 June. Afterwards we are gathering at the Propeller Inn which adjoins our Club flying site at Bembridge Airfield.

Paul

Profile Email