eSoaring.net

The place to discuss eSoaring height limited competitions, models, and tactics
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New version of Altis File Manager
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:22 pm 

When running Altis File Manager today, it tells me there is a new version available - as of July 24th.
When attempting to load it, I get so far then get stuck as it tells me to exit AFM - which kills the instal?

Anybody else had a problem - and if so is there a get round....

Later....finally resolved by deleting my existing version of AFM, reloading an old AFM, then it would allow me to install the latest version........!!
Version is 4.5.0 - probably with new facilities (unwanted?) and software fixes for problems I'm unaware of.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: New version of Altis File Manager
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:53 pm 

Mine reported that there was a new version available, so I loaded it without apparent problem.
Once loaded, it suggested that I should upgrade the firmware in my Altis V4+ device to 2.5.
Once this was loaded, selecting F5J + emer as the contest gave a problem at the field when checking the first flight of the day. The display had "F3G 350" on it, then showing a page of small details rather than the bold F5J start height that i expected.
I reloaded, but things were the same. I tried to backtrack to the earlier version (1.5?) which I stupidly did not save or copy before I started the upgrade, but the file on the website failed to load.
So now, I have selected "custom" contest and manually selected the elements that F5J has with the addition of emergency restart. It works well enough when I run up and down stairs with a bundle of wiring and the device.
I think that the last version defaulted to "custom" when F5J was set and emergency restart was added.

Profile Email