eSoaring.net

The place to discuss eSoaring height limited competitions, models, and tactics
It is currently Tue May 17, 2022 1:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Kent Interclub Multilaunch July 9th at Tonbridge Kent
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:03 pm 

You are invited to Kent Interclub Glider 3 Multilaunch competition to be held at the TONBRIDGE Field (Kent) 9th July CD Keith Fisher.

To enable a enjoyable day please could you notify Ian Nicholls by email iannicholls60@hotmail.com by Tuesday 4th if you might come and then no later than Friday July 7th confirm with details of model Glider Class Open or 100", Electric Open or 100" and Frequency so a matrix can be set up?

The Rules are BARCS Multilaunch as we used last year where Electric launched gliders must have a Motor stop function set at 175m and 30 seconds. Entry fe to Kent Interclub members £5 for others payable on the day

For Electric launched gliders the Time Keeper must in addition to the normal flight time and landing points should also record for Electric launched gliders on the score sheet the F5J launch height for future Kent Interclub evaluation of rules. Recommended settings for the amrt will be sent on request.

Tonbridge field location, directions and Map Link will be sent upon entry confirmation but nearest postcode is TN11 8PN

We want to have a full day flying so please check in by 09:30 latest and be ready for Pilots Briefing at 09:45 with the competition starting at 10:00 sharp.

A minimum of 4 rounds and a maximum of 6 rounds will be flown with one discarded score. In the event of a tie two 15 minute round fly-offs will be held between the tied pilots.

Alternative forms of notification for entries,

Pick up the phone and call Ian by Friday 7th July on 01304362370 or 07760750298

If you have any queries please let me know as soon as possible?

Thanks

Ian

ENTRANTS
KI Multilaunch 21 entrants so far Open Electric OE or Open Glider G
Greg Hayfield G, Iain Stingemore G, Ian Nicholls G, and Mike Connell OE for Bloobirds
Richard Harris OE, Keith Fisher OE, Rod Potts OE Steve Crowther OE, Simon Thornton OE, for Invicta
Alan Twine OE, Derek Collings OE for Bromley
Bob Ryan OE, Gravesend
Brian Martin OE, Terry Letchford OE, Keith Benton OE, Alan Harris OE, John Postle - G for SADMAC
Eddy Small OE, for Canterbury Pilgrims
Bob Hope OE for Tonbridge
Eamon Keating OE Non KI
Phil Ramsey OE Non KI

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Kent Interclub Multilaunch July 9th at Tonbridge Kent
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:59 pm 

What a super day we, the 18 flyers, had at the Kent Interclub Multilaunch competition at Tonbridge with little wind but challenging conditions and variable amount of thermals. At last the winch launched gliders had a fair crack as the wind or what there was of it, stayed pretty much in the same direction that allowed launching straight into it for a 4th, 5th, 6th position result. (John Postle had a winch battery problem and then failure and help wasn’t sought unfortunately).
Congratulations to Simon with his lightweight Optimus, Keith with his Explorer and Alan with his RayX. Thanks to all helpers but especially the great work by Keith Benton as scorer. You will see that most except Simon Thornton and Keith Fisher had at least one poor round. I had 2 flights in one round that were poor!

There were 2 no shows and Keith Benton whose model failed the fitness test the evening before couldn’t fly but turned up to be the scorer and Man of the Day. Thanks!

Eamon Keating was the sole non- KI flyers again travelling over 140miles return trip to enter our competitions and we appreciate this very much as apparently does he.

We run Multilaunch (to BARCS rules since 2016) as the Kent Interclub which was formed in the 70’s (I was Chairman 38 years ago when I was 33 years old) started out with hand towed gliders and 6minute max’s and still encourages well maybe not discourages winch launched gliders. Some still do not have or fly electric powered ones, others like me have both but fly the former regardless of any disadvantage we sometimes experience especially when the wind direction doesn’t suit the field or changes during the day causing cross wind launches. In addition to photos by Simon and me I've included those taken by my clubmate Iain Stingemore of me and my much used Experience Pro (ex Rod Potts) that was given to me by Greg (he equivalent number of servos in exchange)

Thanks to all of you.

The eyesight test was passed by Greg at 552 meters and failed by me at 546.6m but thankfully Iain my timer guided me for a split second or two.

Attachments:
Xpro away.jpg
Xpro away.jpg [ 285.91 KB | Viewed 974 times ]
Xpro Greg launch.jpg
Xpro Greg launch.jpg [ 390.53 KB | Viewed 955 times ]
Keith Benton Glider 3 Tonbridge.jpg
Keith Benton Glider 3 Tonbridge.jpg [ 464.12 KB | Viewed 977 times ]
Alan Twine 3rd presentation.JPG
Alan Twine 3rd presentation.JPG [ 186.41 KB | Viewed 954 times ]
Keith 2nd presentation.JPG
Keith 2nd presentation.JPG [ 211.68 KB | Viewed 955 times ]
Simon 1st presentation.JPG
Simon 1st presentation.JPG [ 188.02 KB | Viewed 969 times ]
G3 Landing Results.jpg
G3 Landing Results.jpg [ 116.15 KB | Viewed 971 times ]
G3 Team Results e1.jpg
G3 Team Results e1.jpg [ 111.77 KB | Viewed 955 times ]
G3 Overall results e1.jpg
G3 Overall results e1.jpg [ 129.2 KB | Viewed 961 times ]

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Kent Interclub Multilaunch July 9th at Tonbridge Kent
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:56 am 

Golden "eyes" Simon Thornton had no problem seeing his Optimus at 585m.

Profile Email