eSoaring.net

The place to discuss eSoaring height limited competitions, models, and tactics
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: F5J Team Trials July 27/28 2019 NOW POSTPONED see below
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 11:37 am 

2019 F5J Team Trials NOW POSTPONED

VERY MUCH REGRET THAT THIS COMPETITION HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL A NEW DATE/VENUE CAN BE ARRANGED.

AS several of you have observed in the last week or so, numbers entered are not sufficient to provide enough "slack" to make a decent matrix and allow for any drop-outs. Also 2 slots would reduce repairing time to practically zero - hardly a sensible proposition on a 2 day competition.

WE also have another consideration, in that we need enough income to pay for the field. As I said in the mail earlier, that means mid to high teens and we are obviously well away from those numbers.

I have hung on as long as possible in the hope of more entries but this decision can wait no longer.
Thanks for your support and I will arrange details of repayment of fees next week

Regards

Mike

(Format much as 2018)

is BMFA Buckminster NG33 5RW on Saturday July 27th & Sunday 28th Start time 10:00
Pre-entry & pre-payment will be necessary by Tues 23rd July (details below)

Rules - FAI F5J; will apply over the 2 days of competitions.

Each competition will be over 1 day, the intention being to fly a minimum of 5 rounds ( No maximum ) – giving a dropped score each day. The 2 days/contests will count for final scores.

In the event that 5 rounds cannot be flown on day 1, the single competition will carry over to day 2, with as many rounds as possible being flown, to a circa 16:00 finish.

If neither day is flyable the provisional Reserve weekend Sept 21/22 may be used with the above rules.

Entry details.
Please sign-up on this website, giving your name and BMFA number and amount to pay.
Alternatively by email to mproctor1@gmail.com

Costs:- £25 for the weekend competitions; plus £5 night/camping unit.

Once your name has been added to the list below, please allow at least one day then ring the BMFA Office 01162 440028 and ask to make a card payment for F5J Trials. In this way the web-list and payments are tied together.

1. Bob Dickenson BMFA 38941 £25
2. John Cuthbert BMFA 51781 £25
3. Rick Lloyd SAA 5506 £25 + £10 = £35
4. Josh Lloyd Jnr SAA 8452 FOC
5. Brian Johnson BMFA 72977 £25 + £10
6. Alex Maxfield BMFA ?????? £25
7. Peter Sherliker BMFA No 212036 £25 + £10
8. Neil Jones
9. Phil Brandreth

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: F5J Team Trials 2019 (for Euro 2020) at Buckminster
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:19 pm 

For some reason I'm now not so keen on Buckminster but I suppose I'd better come. Will bring search & rescue team. Embarassed

Profile Email  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:07 pm 

Surely Nationals weekend would off been the preferred date .?

Profile Email  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:48 am 

The Nationals entry includes many fliers who have no ambition to represent their country at World and European Championships. There inclusion in a competition to select the best team to represent the country can only cloud the result and therefore the Trials should always be kept separate from other domestic events.

John Cuthbert.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: F5J Team Trials July 27/28 2019 (for Euro 2020) at Buckminst
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:31 pm 

Rules, general info and entry method now on the first post.
Mike

Profile Email  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:17 pm 

Much as I would like the chance to represent the UK at next years F5J EC
Scheduling the team trials with. Such short notice makes it impossible for some. to attend including myself .
As posted earlier surely using the Bank Holiday weekend Nat's would off been preferred. by many .
Instead the Nat's have some ridiculous scheduling of competitions that will further split the
soaring community.
G

Profile Email  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:33 pm 

Hi Graham

Just to try clarify how/why we are having the UK F5J TT on the 27/8 of July.
After the previous year’s TT , I tried to get the same date for 2019 but only the following weekend was available; I thought this to be too near the upcoming (August)Euro Champs and the closely following (Aug B/Hol) SF Nats, so I asked if any later weekend dates were still available at Buckminster and surprisingly Sept 21/2 was still unused, so I had us pencilled in.
It then became clear anecdotally, that not everybody was happy about September, so (condensing things a bit to get on) I asked people likely to attend, at comps, what they preferred and Sept was just ahead. These were mainly Northerners, so with Radio Glide coming up I asked the BARCS reps on the SFTC to do the same exercise at the F5J comp there. I was assured that (at the prizegiving discussion I think) “nobody spoke in favour of September”. That result trumped my 60% in favour, so July was selected.
Several people could not attend one or other of the events but that is likely at that time of year. (I had already said I could not do July and you find yourself in that club, regrettably!)

John Cuthbert covered most of the points I would have made regarding not using the SF Nats as a selection event.

Hope that helps, regards

Mike

Profile Email  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:26 pm 

Hi Mike,

As you know i cant make the July TT date due to holidays but also, I had no intentions of doing next years EU either.

Surely the SFTC should have decided on the TT dates at the start of the year as part of the contest calendar scheduling process. Therefore, avoiding last minute decisions scheduling TT in the middle of the holiday season when many pilots would be unable to attend, and not least, choosing a date only two weeks prior to the WC. Unlike some, I don't think the team trails should be part of the Nationals and especially this year, being only one week on from the returning WC team.

I personally did not hear any TT date discussions at Radio glide but i was only there for 2/3 days so not conclusive.

Regards
Steve

Profile Email  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:50 pm 

Unfortunately I could only attend Saturday at RG so don’t know what was discussed regards TT
September 22nd is definitely a no go for southern pilots ,as we have an entry off 32 competitors ( so far ) for the Tonbridge F5J rerun and I,m also the event CD .

G

Profile Email  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:29 pm 

Count me in for both days, thanks Mike.

Profile Email