eSoaring.net

The place to discuss eSoaring height limited competitions, models, and tactics
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 Posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 4th Northern F5J Sat Sept 9 CANCELLED BOTH DAYS
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:21 pm
Posts: 802
Hello All

Fourth F5J of the 2017 season is next weekend at Wetlands, Retford, in the bottom field.
Everybody is welcome to fly, or come along and see what happens.

Rules are as FAI F5J but motor restart IS allowed, with zero score penalty for that round.
(30 second run also applies to 2m)

As usual the decision whether to use the reserve day will be announced asap, but that usually means before midday on Friday.

Please sign up bu posting on here or by PM. State; Name, Class, Days available (Sat/Sun) and freq if not 2.4gHz

1. Mike Proctor Open OK Sat/Sun
2. Martyn Wharrie Open Sat/Sun
3. Gary Peck Open Sat/Sun
4. Bob Dickenson Open Sat/Sun
5. Phil Brandreth Open Sat/Sun
6. Bill Haley Open Sat/Sun
7. Simon Haley Open Sat/Sun
8. Steve Haley Open Sat/Sun
9. Cengiz Philcox Open Sat?Sun
10. John Cuthbert 2M Sat/Sun
11. Richard Brown Open Sat/Sun
12. Brian Johnson Open Sat/Sun
13. John Milner 2M Sat/Sun
14.

Look forward to seeing you there I hope!
Mike


 
 Profile Email  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4th Northern F5J Sat Sept 9 (res Sunday 10th)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:17 pm
Posts: 54
Me please either day

Bob


 
 Profile Email  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4th Northern F5J Sat Sept 9 (res Sunday 10th)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 5:31 pm
Posts: 182
Many thanks for all your efforts at the Nats, mike, a good weekend, at a new venue..... most enjoyable. P.S. thanks for the bed on Sunday!!!
Put me down for next weekend either day ok - open
Best Phil


 
 Profile Email  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4th Northern F5J Sat Sept 9 (res Sunday 10th)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:45 am
Posts: 61
Hi Mike,
Please book me in for 2m with gizmo. OK Sat/Sun.

Many thanks, John Cuthbert


 
 Profile Email  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4th Northern F5J Sat Sept 9 (res Sunday 10th)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:46 pm
Posts: 36
Location: Morley Leeds
Hi Mike

Please add my name to the list.

Open - OK for Sat/Sun.

Richard Brown.


 
 Profile Email  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4th Northern F5J Sat Sept 9 (res Sunday 10th)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:21 pm
Posts: 802
Hi Chaps

Just added 3 more combatants, question is are we likely to have weather suitable to get enough rounds in to be a worthwhile comp? For once all the forecasts agree.

Sunday looks dire, with both wind and rain, so that is most unlikely to become an option.
Saturday has rain possible for up to 4 hours of the flying day, which isn't good either! We need to do 4 rounds for an official comp and fly 6 rounds to have a dropped score.

I'll keep an eye on things and decide on what the situation is for Saturday by mid afternoon Friday.
As usual I will post here and send individual emails.

Cheers
Mike


 
 Profile Email  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4th Northern F5J Sat Sept 9 CANCELLED BOTH DAYS
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:21 pm
Posts: 802
Hi All

Decided that trying to get a comp in, with a meaningful number of rounds is highly unlikely; so very regrettably I am cancelling for this weekend.

I have dragged this on as long as I dared, to give you time to change any arrangements.

I have looked at weather forecasts until I am blue in the face and they do keep changing slightly but they remain overall, in favour(!?) of intermittent, possibly thundery/blustery rain for the large part of the flying day on Saturday. The amount of rain forecast has slightly increased and the latest BBC Weekend forecast has both wind and rain over the whole weekend. Sunday has strong wind with XC forecasting gusts well over 30mph.

This does leave us with the problem of fitting the, now 3, unflown events in to the rest of the season. I'm trying to do it in such as way as to avoid 4 weekends (or even 3) on the trot but complying with the rules when faced with little wiggle room, is tricky. More on alternative dates asap.

Regards

Mike


 
 Profile Email  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 Posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2002, 2006 phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.047s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]